* The U11 football team have made an unbeaten start to the season and NCEA are the hosts for the East Northumberland Central Venue league on a Monday.
* The U13 girls football team are progressing well and qualified for the Northumberland School Games finals with victory over James Calvert Spence.
* The U14 and U15 boys football teams kicked off their season with narrow defeats to Berwick Academy.
* The U13 football team narrowly lost to James Calvert after leading 1-0 at half-time.
* The U19 football team continued their winning start to the season with a 4-2 victory over St Benet Biscops.
* Congratulations to the following students who have been selected for full Northumberland County representative team honours:
Danny Anderson (Football)
Josh McKay (Rugby)
Maria French (Rugby)
Lucy Reid (Rugby)
Katie Stafford (Rugby)
Remi Hodgson (Rugby)
* Well done to Sports Leaders: Cameron Donnelly, Adam Purdy, Ewan Spratt, Reiss Elliott and Kacey Orrick who have been officiating NCEAsport fixtures.
Tuesday saw the first installment of the new Indoor Futsal League at NCEA.
Four teams from Y9 and Y10 competed to be crowned champions.
The tournament was fiercely competitive but played in the right spirit. The Y10 team of Gaxha’s Gang came out on top, following a dramatic final against Weallens’ Wobblers in which extra-time couldn’t settle the match.
The game went to penalties and Jaden Dixon became the hero of the hour saving low to his right to help his team clinch the title.
The PE staff are looking forward to more teams competing in the coming weeks!
Y9 & 10 Futsal Tournament, 3.30pm – 4.30pm every Tuesday, PE Sports Hall.
For more information contact Mr Hunter.
It’s been another eventful week for NCEASport students:
* Courtney Scott has been selected for an elite GB boxing training camp at Sheffield Institute for Sport.
* Sixth form football defeated Bedlington 6-0 this week.
* Danny Anderson has been selected for Northumberland U16 football squad
* Y9 and Y10 rugby played admirably against Gosforth Academy on Wednesday
* Girls football continues to grow in partnership with Newcastle United Foundation.
* Arran Chung, Arran O’Connor, Jack Daley selected for East Northumberland U11 football team.
Well done to all involved.
Fixtures week beginning 25/9:
U11 and U13 football (Home)
U15 netball @ Cramlington
U19 football (Home)
U11 and U13 girls football (Rothbury)
U14 and U15 football (Home)
NCEASport has teamed up with Newcastle United Foundation to offer weekly girls football training as part of a national flagship programme.
Thanks to the Premier League Girls Football Programme, the partnership will see coaching sessions delivered every Monday after school from 3.20pm.
Premier League Girls Football aims to inspire more girls over 11 to take part in the sport in their local community.
It’s part of The Football Association’s wider strategy on growing participation figures for women’s football and its vision to be the second-largest team sport after men’s football by 2018.
Mr Blight, director of NCEASport, said: “We are pleased to be working with Newcastle United Foundation to offer these high-quality coaching sessions. It’s a great opportunity for players to improve their skills and confidence in a fun and relaxed environment.”
All girls in secondary are welcome.
Congratulations to Alex Brown, Y9, and Courtney Scott, Y10, who were crowned English Schools’ Boxing champions for the second successive year. A fantastic achievement!
Our talented young sportsmen and women (and staff) went head to head at our annual Secondary Sports Day.
Held at Gateshead International Stadium, it was a brilliant celebration of the dedication and hard work that our students have shown over the last year as they pursue their chosen sports.
There was a bonus for staff at the end of the day, when athletics legend, Steve Cram, stopped by to help with the clean-up.
Congratulations to all who took part.
Check out a few highlights from the day:
Well done to all our athletes who competed for East Northumberland in the Northumberland County Championships.
Special mention to ‘ double’ Northumberland Champion, Ellie Longstaff, Y7, who won the 100m and 200m!
Congratulations to our Y5 Boys’ Football team who competed in the School Games Finals. and finished second overall – claiming a Silver Medal. A huge achievement!
Congratulations also to our Y5/6 Girls Football team, Y4 Boys Football team and our Y5/6 Quadkids Athletics Team who also qualified for the Finals.
Well done and congratulations to the Y7/8 students who have qualified to represent East Northumberland district at the Northumberland Minor Championships on Saturday 24th June at Gateshead Stadium.
Ellie Longstaff: 100m and 200m
Lewis O’Connor: 800m
Joseph Johnson: Javelin
Casey Orrick: Discus
Holly Ladigus: Javelin
Ben Curry: Javelin
Congratulations to our athletes who competed for East Northumberland in the Northumberland County Championships at Gateshead Stadium on Saturday.
We returned with a 6 medal haul:
- Kayla Devon: Winner Long Jump and Triple Jump
- Andrew Knight: Winner Shot Putt – breaking a 30-year championship record!
- Sol Page: 2nd High Jump
- Luke Southern: 3rd High Jump
- Bailey Robison: 3rd Triple Jump
Well done to Mia Key, Kyle Hargreaves, Aaron Dodds and Bethany Redden who also competed well on the day.